The technical course on Dual Space Systems, the first of its kind in European Union member States, has been delivered at the School of Aerospace Engineering, within the Special Laurea in Aerospace Engineering, during the a.y. 2015-16 and the a.y. 2016-2017.
Arms control and non-proliferation goes under the Italian Law 185/90 and its amendments, while European state members adopt the 428/2009 Regulation and its amendments, which sets up a Community regime for the control of exports, transfer, brokering and transit of dual-use items.
Both the Italian Law 185/90 and the EU Reg. 428/2009 provide the list of arms and dual-use items and technologies according to the international non-proliferation regimes and the international treaties such as the Wassenar Arrangement, the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), the Nuclear Supplier’s group (NSG), the Australia Group and the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC).
The course was focused, in particular, on:
- UN RESOLUTION 1540, INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS, DUAL USE REGULATION AND MILITARY GOODS CONTROL LIST
- CUSTOMS’ ACTIVITIES
- SPACE GEO-POLITICS
- MICRO SATELLITES
- DIRECTED ENERGY WEAPONS
- AMMUNITIONS, EXPLOSIVES AND THEIR STORAGE
- UNMANNED GROUND VEHICLES
- UNMANNED AIR VEHICLES
- SPACE ROCKETS (LIQUID – SOLID – HYBRID)
- ROCKET PROPELLANTS AND SEPARATION SYSTEMS
- RE-ENTRY VEHICLES
- INFRARED SIGNATURE
- SPECIAL REGULATIONS FOR RESTRICTED AND EMBARGOED COUNTRIES (IRAN, RUSSIA, SYRIA AND MYANMAR)
- SPECIAL AUTHORIZATIONS FOR DUAL USE GOODS
To this end, delegated authorities and experts from Italy as well as from other European States will hold lectures up to the 4th of June 2017.
Venue: School of Aerospace Engineering, Via Salaria 851, 00138, Rome